Sunday 7 January 2018

The Last Jedi in Hay

The Last Jedi is now showing at the Bookshop Cinema, and I went to the very first showing, at 1.30pm on Friday afternoon. There were only a few people in the cinema, so I was able to get my favourite seat near the screen. Although it was quite early in the day, I also treated myself to the traditional bottle of beer (Hooky - glorious stuff).... and then the familiar theme music rang out....
I loved it. Rey's training on the island with Luke (fish-nuns, porgs making Chewie feel guilty about eating his dinner!); Finn and Rose on Canto Bight (Rose is brilliant!); Leia being awesome; Luke being awesome; the fight in the throne room; Yoda; Maz Kanata.... it was all brilliant, fun, touching, spectacular, and it ended on a lovely hopeful note.
I'm not an obsessive Star Wars fan, but I have been watching the films since the very first one, and I came out of this one feeling very happy, and wondering what on earth the Resistance will do next.

No comments: