Saturday 20 April 2019

This Year it's Purple!

The new Booksellers Map is out, just in time for Easter, and this year the colour is purple.

The Hay Festival brochure is out, too, and I've just been round to the Drill Hall to book my tickets. This year the BBC are putting on several "free but ticketed" events, for radio programmes with a live audience, so I'm going to see Free Thinking for Radio 3, talking about Rachel Carson's environmental classic Silent Spring with Tony Juniper and others. Later that evening I'm seeing Mary Beard doing Front Row Late for Radio 2.
The following weekend, I'm going to find out all about beavers being re-introduced into the wild with Ben Goldfarb.

The How the Light Gets In brochure is out too. They're having their festival at the same time as the first weekend of the Hay Festival, but they charge for day tickets to enter the site, and I just don't have time to spend a whole day there (with the events extra), so I won't be doing that this year.

The sun is shining and there's a Craft Fair in the Buttermarket - the chap selling blacksmith-forged iron items is wearing a hat with a huge stuffed anvil on top.

No comments: