Monday 6 January 2020

More Shopping in Hereford

Still taking advantage of the sales, and the free Saturday bus, but this time my mission was to buy a new phone handset. While I was looking after my neighbour's cat she got a claw entangled in my tablecloth and pulled everything to the floor. It wasn't her fault (and she spent some time afterwards hiding under the bed), and I thought I'd got away without any damage until someone phoned me. When I picked the receiver up, it rattled.
It was a very old phone, and I'd been thinking I'd have to replace it soon anyway.
The only thing to do seemed to be to make the long trek out to PC World again. In the large area they have devoted to mobile phones, I found precisely 3 handsets, one of which had extra big buttons for partially sighted people. At least a phone is a lot lighter to carry round than a printer.
Back in the town centre, I managed to look past all the black trousers in Marks and Spencers, and spent my gift cards on a linen shirt in "dusted lilac" and a pale tan pair of trousers.
I also picked up a nice pair of teal corduroy trousers from the Edinburgh Woolen Mill in their sale, which was very convenient for a pot of Oolong tea at the Antique Tea Room, as a brief break from retail therapy.
My next purchases were pure frivolity - I went in The Entertainer toy shop, where they had some Star Wars figures on special offer. I came away with Rose Tico in her First Order disguise, in a box with BB-8 and the black First Order droid, Poe Dameron in his X-wing flight suit and Princess Leia in her costume from The Empire Strikes Back, on the Hoth ice planet. This made me very happy.

No comments: