Tuesday 28 January 2020

Stylish New Wardrobe, and Planting Trees

My Marks and Spencers radar was working well when I went round the charity clothes swap. I found a woollen sweater dress and a tunic top. I've also got a rather lovely Laura Ashley soft velvet jacket, and a green shirt.
Refreshments were also on offer, and the chocolate cake was awesome! I warned the girl who was serving that I was going to end up like a three year old, with chocolate plastered across my face, but I was actually fairly civilised, and used a fork.
There were flyers with information about the Size of Herefordshire charity. This winter they are asking people to sponsor a tree. They are planting a three acre woodland in Herefordshire, and each tree can be sponsored for £20. £15 of that goes to the area of the Peruvian Amazon that they are protecting, the rest being for planting the sapling and maintaining it. Sponsors also get a limited edition, named certificate designed by a local artist.

No comments: