Sunday 8 March 2020

Dinner at the Black Lion

I haven't been to the Black Lion for quite a long time - I think the last time I ate there was a Stitch and Bitch Christmas Lunch a few years ago, and Christmas meals aren't exactly a typical meal out.
So it was lovely to be invited for a meal there by a friend, who goes there so regularly that she has a "usual table".
I had the shin of beef, partly because I was intrigued by the black cabbage they served with it - it turned out to be very garlicky, which I like, and the beef was beautifully tender. I had a half of Butty Bach with the main course. My friend chose the chicken.
We were having such an interesting conversation that we went on to have dessert, and shook hands across the table as we both chose the chocolate cake, which came with orange bits and cream and was very rich and altogether delicious. Everything was beautifully presented on the plate as well.
And because we were still talking after that, I had a coffee and she had mint tea.
The Black Lion menu is a wee bit pricey, but absolutely worth every penny.

No comments: