Wednesday 18 March 2020

Gradually Locking Down


The chip shop is open, but customers are being asked to shout out their orders from the doorway, and the staff will bring them out.
Up at one end of town, the Blue Boar has closed, and down at the other end of town, so has the Globe.
Booth's Cinema is also closed for the duration.
All the schools in Wales are closing on Friday, so that's Hay and Clyro locally, and English schools are closing too, basically extending the Easter holidays.
Meanwhile, Powys County Council have been asked if they will be re-opening or funding public toilets - they say they won't, but Public Health Wales can provide posters reminding people to wash their hands!
As far as I know at the moment, most of the bookshops are staying open - but the Poetry Bookshop is closed.
Cartref is restricting visitors to safeguard the elderly residents there.
Hay Market is going on as usual tomorrow, but I think the Antique Market on Friday is cancelled.
Lots of local shops are offering a delivery service.

I'm feeling very grateful to my Young Man for bringing me an excellent bottle of whisky when he came up - I think I'm going to need it!

No comments: