Sunday 22 May 2022

Crafts and Car Boot

 Hay School held a car boot in their little car park yesterday - several interesting plant stalls, and the usual mix of bric a brac, clothes, books and so on.  I picked up a Jim Butcher hardback I haven't read yet, which co-incidentally is the one just after the last one I read, in which the lead character, Harry Dresden, died.  However, in urban fantasy death is not necessarily the end for a character - and Harry returns in the new book with a new role.

Down at the other end of town, the Globe was holding a craft fair in the garden and inside.  There were ceramics, and soaps, and jewellery and knitted goods - and the Wye Waste It Collective was there with fancy head bands decorated with animal ears, and antlers and lots of jewellery.  All of the material used to make the head bands is recycled, except the glue to hold it together!

Inside I particularly liked one embroidery stall which had a closed wicker basket on the table with the sign "Adult Content Inside".  When I lifted the lid, there were all the embroideries where the mottos had rude words.  

I didn't feel able to splash out on an embroidery, but they were also selling fridge magnets with the same mottos, and I got the one that said "What (and I cannot stress this enough) the f**k"  Because it made me laugh.

No comments: