Friday 27 May 2022

Re-Generate in Hereford

 It's several years now since I got a laptop, and got rid of the desktop computer I'd been using before - which is to say I got rid of the stack, and the keyboard and screen have been hanging around taking up space since then.  

A little while ago, I gave the keyboard to a friend who needed a new one, so that only left the screen to get rid of.

Yesterday I took it into Hereford, to the second-hand electrical shop on Eign Gate called Re-Generate.

What I hadn't realised was that I needed to show photo ID in order to sell them anything.  It seems obvious in hindsight, to prevent the sale of stolen goods, but fortunately they accepted my bus pass.

I got the grand total of £2 for the screen!  But at least it's out of the house now, and someone can make use of it.

The Festival buses are taking passengers to Hay from Hereford and as far away as Worcester, but I took the T14 as usual.  It seemed strange to be going out of Hay on a Festival day when most people are coming into Hay.

I've been looking for a while, and this time Cult Vintage actually had a kilt that would fit me - most kilts that turn up second hand are too small for me.  I put my £2 towards the total price of £12, which is a bargain for a proper wool kilt.

No comments: