Sunday 27 November 2022

Back to the Baskie

 My Young Man was here last week (hence no posting on this blog) and one of the things he really wanted to do while he was here was to go and sing at the Baskie's weekly acoustic session.  He had the words to Ghost Riders in the Sky all printed out ready.

So I got in touch with Bob (who runs the sessions), who got in touch with Ellie (who drives to the Baskie from Hay), and we were all set.

It was such fun to be back!  There isn't an interval with chips any more, and it was a horrible, rainy night, so not many people turned up, but the ones that did sang some familiar songs, and I sang some of my repertoire that I knew back to front and sideways - I didn't want to sing something that I'd lose the tune half way through for my first outing for a while.


This is me, channelling Judith Durham of the Seekers, with We'll Build a World of Our Own.

2 comments:

Cat Wyllie-Fox said...

Do they allow poetry (self penned!)
Sounds like fun!

Eigon said...

They'll allow just about anything! We've had self penned poetry before; I've done Joyce Grenfell monologues, just about any style of music as long as it isn't electronic, and lots of joining in when everyone knows the song!