Friday 18 November 2022

Booster Jab

 Off to Bronllys on the bus for my booster Covid jab this morning.  

I've been offered lifts, but this time it was so easy - the 9.15am bus from Hay, and the 10.20am bus back from Bronllys.

I got off the bus at the roundabout by the hospital gates with a chap I know slightly, and we went in together.  There were no queues, and the hall has been re-arranged.  They don't have the blue tents any more - you get injected at desks spread across the room.  There's a line of chairs near the exit if anyone wants to sit down, but you don't have to wait for five or ten minutes any more.  You can go straight out.

I wanted to have a look at the bookshelf in Bronllys bus shelter, and found a copy of The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents, by Terry Pratchett.  While I was looking, I was chatting to the chap from the bus, who was telling me all about his family, who have been farming in this area for generations.  He talked about his grandmother, who used to sell poultry on Hay Market, and the way various members of his family took in evacuees during the War - there was a big family of kids who were split up to go to different farms, but they all belonged to his relatives, so the kids could stay together.

He is also very interested in public transport in the area, and would love to see Hay become a hub for more routes up and down the Marches - or failing that, at least get an electronic board for the Hay bus stops to show when the buses are due, like the one they have in Talgarth.

We chatted all the way back to Hay.

1 comment:

Eigon said...

Well, I felt fine yesterday - but I really feel lousy today with the side effects. Muscle pain, headache, shivers. Spending the day in bed with the occasional shuffle to the kitchen to make tea.
I was very lucky with my previous jabs, and didn't get any side effects at all.