Sunday 22 June 2008

Midsummer Madness

I felt quite sorry for the organisers of this event yesterday - the weather was intermittently rainy and grey and blustery, not the right sort of weather for a summer fete at all.
They started off, on the field that's used for the Festival, with a car boot sale, followed by fun and games from mid-day. I heard some of it, from a distance. They had advertised It's A Knockout, and I could hear someone on the tannoy saying things like "You're supposed to take the plank with you! No, right hand! Where's the sack?" and so on. I think apple bobbing was involved, too. In the evening, they had a hog roast and live music, that cost £7 on the gate (£5 in advance).
It was all in aid of Bronllys Hospital, Llanigon Village Hall, and Welsh Air Ambulance, so I hope they did do well.

No comments: