Friday 27 June 2008

Mystery Parcel

I got a parcel a couple of days ago. I wasn't expecting one, so it was a nice surprise to think that someone had sent something to me.
The address wasn't quite right - there was no number, and the street name was the one where I used to live. The surname was right, but the initial was wrong. The postmen know me, though, so they'd guessed that the parcel was meant for me.
It contained sheep's ear tags.
Which was a bit of a disappointment.
Someone out there was obviously waiting for those ear tags, though, so this morning I took the parcel down to Hay and Brecon Farmers. They'd be sure to know of any local person with a need for sheep ear tags.
As I produced the parcel, the face of the chap behind the counter lit up with recognition. "Those are meant for us!" he said.
As I left, he was instructing one of his colleagues to phone the person who'd made the order.

No comments: