Sunday 20 September 2009

Revolution Photos

I wasn't just enjoying the Transition Towns bicycle day yesterday - I was also in costume in order to give out leaflets advertising the Execution of the King of Hay. Which was quite an interesting experience.
One lady tried to give me money.
One or two people felt quite sorry for the King.
Then, when I was passing the Castle, I felt like being cheeky, so I popped in and gave a leaflet to the lad on the till. He looked it over, and then said; "Huh, I'll hold the basket!"
Later, in the town square, a lady said; "It's about time somebody chopped his head off - he took our Cinema away from us!"
(Richard opened his first big shop at the Cinema)
And Old Dave at the Hourglass Gallery said that Paul, as our Lord Protector, should ride his horse into the Castle to clear out all the Royalists! "Isn't that what Oliver Cromwell did in Parliament?" he asked.

This evening, I met Paul, Boz and Tom at the Buttermarket for photos in costume. Paul has been sending emails out with press releases - and one of his targets emailed him back within about five minutes, asking for photos! I think it's one of the book trade magazines.

No comments: