Wednesday 23 September 2009

Thank you, Hen!

I usually see Hen these days when she comes to the shop to haul her father out from a quiet afternoon's browsing. Anthony, her father, used to be known as the Mad Monk when he had a little bookshop down Backfold for a while. She's getting to the stage where she's not a little girl any more.

Today, she brought something in for me. Last year, she took a photo of Islay trotting along Broad Street, grinning all over her face - and Hen has framed up a copy and given it to me! It really made my day!

She's started selling some of her artwork to raise money to support the eleven rescue ponies she looks after, as well as various other pets. Eleven! I knew she was keen on ponies, but not that keen!

On the back of the picture, she's taped a little explanatory note, and she says: "Eventually, I'm going to have my own riding school and rescue centre." I think she's determined enough to do it, too.

Examples of Hen's work can be found at www.artmajeur.com/henrietta
and I wish her the best of luck!

No comments: