Tuesday 25 August 2015

Testing the Water

"Think of it as having won the lottery!" said the man from Welsh Water. He'd been given a random address in Hay to call on to test the quality of the water, and when he found that no-one was in there, he started to knock on doors along the street. I'd just come home for lunch, so I got to have my water tested.
My taps have never been so clean! He made sure they were as sterile as possible before he took the samples - and said that it was no reflection on my cleaning standards! They have a tap where he works that they only use to take samples, and they sterilise that every time, too.
I was most impressed with the thorough job he did - and it was an interesting insight into the work that goes on "behind the scenes" to make sure the water that comes out of our taps is of the highest possible quality.

No comments: