Thursday 30 July 2009

Fame Abroad

My mum lives in Cyprus now, and she phoned me up this evening - partly to tell me that she'd seen Hay on telly.
They get some sort of satellite TV there, which includes English programmes, and this particular one involved two people competing against each other to buy stuff from car boot sales and sell it on to antique shops, the profits going to a charity of their choice. The winner on the week mum watched it was a girl from Hereford - so naturally she chose to sell her car boot sale finds in Hay, with lots of filming of the Castle and the streets of Hay to set the scene. She made about £3,000 - but mum couldn't remember what the charity was.

1 comment:

Eigon said...

"It's St Michael's Hospice!"
Sally from Fleur de Lys told me as I was passing. She was one of the antique dealers who was in the programme!