Friday 17 July 2009

More on the water situation

I've heard various theories about the cause of the water being turned off yesterday - a sign on the door of the launderette reckoned it was because of a burst water main, and someone I spoke to in the street said there was something wrong with the mix of chemicals in one of the pumping stations - but I haven't heard a thing from Welsh Water themselves - or Daniel, the company which seems to be working for them, and which was putting out water tanks around town last night. There was one at the top of the car park, one by the clock tower, and another by Hay and Brecon Farmers, and there may have been others. I didn't see anyone using the tanks, and this afternoon they were taken away again.
Panic over, I thought, until I turned on the tap to get some water to cook dinner with this evening - and it came out milky white.
Dinner was made without the addition of water this evening, and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the cloudy water. It settles after a while and goes completely clear. It's all to do with water pressure. Run some water in a glass. The cloudiness should go from the bottom up. That's ok. If the cloudiness sinks to the bottom, then it's trouble. Makes sense really!

Eigon said...

Thanks for that - I was starting to be a little worried.