Thursday 10 June 2010

New Word Coined

I was shelving in the shop the other day when Peter sidled up to me with a scrap of paper in his hand. "Have a look at this," he invited me.
So I've had a look, and it shows quite a different side to Hay to what I usually see.
Simon Clayton has invented a new word, syncredent, which he attempts to explain on his new website www.syncredent.com
They're trying to get it recognised by the OED. Peter was involved because he's written a poem on the site, and Simon also talks about another Hay character, Mr Babb the retired orchestral conductor. There's a link from that site to Simon's own blog, which is at the moment chronicling his problems of access to his daughter via his estranged wife (I thought I hadn't seen Esti around for a while - now I know why).

No comments: