Saturday 23 December 2023

Christmas Meal in the Granary

 It's the first time the staff party has been in the Granary.  The food was provided by Trigg Food, a gourmet catering company which had taken over the Granary kitchens for the occasion.

I stuck to soup - a creamy winter squash, apple and shropshire blue, which was very nice, while the others went for the pate or the scallops.

The main course came with plenty of vegetables - far too many for us to eat!  I had the turkey, others had beef, and the vegetarian option was celeriac, lentil and mushroom wellington.

The crackers came with paper hats and trivia/things to do questions (how do you mime Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?  But the attempt was made, and somebody got it!).  I'm starting to feel out of touch with the youth of today, though, as one of the suggestions was to hum something by Taylor Swift, and I have never knowingly listened to any of her songs!  

No Christmas pudding for dessert, so I went for the chocolate delice and coffee icecream, with hazelnut praline (I'm not keen on nuts, but I could work round them).  The trifle option included prunes, which I really am not a fan of, and the third option was a cheese board (and I'm not fond of cheese).  Still, the main course had filled me almost to the brim, so that was all right.

The wine and Baileys flowed freely, and we finished with coffees, though the Granary isn't really a place to order spirits, as there was no whisky for Irish coffee and the lady who asked for brandy was told that the bottle had been taken home for Christmas!

No comments: