Saturday 16 December 2023

Mistletoe

 It was such a lovely, sunny morning that I decided to go for a walk along  the Offa's Dyke Path by the river this morning.

By the Wye Glamping always does something with seasonal decorations, and this year they had a small herd of log and twig reindeer down by the table and log seating area.  The bushes along the Offa's Dyke Path are decorated with big Christmas baubles, mostly red, with a few white and gold.

Every time I pass through, I notice some new addition they've made.  This time it was high backed wooden settles on the verandahs of the glamping tents, and I'm sure the fire pits are new, too.

There is no longer a fence between the last glamping tent and the field - the fencing to keep the sheep out, and the gate, are at the edge of the next field along.

I saw an egret flying towards Hay Bridge, and a few ducks sitting on the little island off the third field - not that there's much of an island there at the moment.  The river is just high enough to cover most of it.

And a little further along, I found this tree full of mistletoe:



No comments: