Thursday 28 December 2023

Water, Water Everywhere!

 I needed to go into Hereford, to go to the bank and do some shopping.  I bought a lovely pair of pillow cases at the Red Cross shop - but they are square, so I needed pillows to fit them.  Which I did find, eventually, after schlepping round every shop I could think of that might sell bedding or cushions (I knew I was starting to get desperate when I looked at a pile of dog beds and wondered if I could use one of those!).

The bus home was late, and when we got as far as the Golden Valley, I could see why.

There was water running offf the fields everywhere - it was a bit like seeing Herefordshire by canal!

However, we made it through the floods.

When I got off the bus at the top of the car park, Gareth Ratcliffe was checking the drains to make sure they weren't blocked.  He said there was flooding across the Brecon Road, too.

No comments: