Saturday 26 May 2007

Dogs on buses 2

I've just had the official letter from Yeoman's Canyon Travel, about their policy on dogs on buses, and I'm not a happy bunny. This is going to make my life rather more difficult when I'm travelling at weekends.

The letter goes as follows:

"Thank you for your letter dated 18th May 2007. I am sorry but due to incidents that have occurred on our vehicles with dogs we have had to refuse to carry them. I do understand that there are dogs that are no trouble at all but we have had to say that we cannot carry any at all other than guide dogs.
I am sorry if this has inconvenienced you. We will be informing the Herefordshire Council of our decision so that it can be entered in the new timetable instructions for September 2007.
Assuring you of my attention."

So it seems from the second paragraph that this is a new decision, and it has not been their policy previously, as I was told on the phone. It also seems that they haven't told Herefordshire Council yet that it is their policy.

But there we have it. Stagecoach will carry dogs, and charge 40p for a dog ticket. Yeoman's Canyon, the Sunday service, will not carry dogs.

No comments: