Monday 14 May 2007

A few grumbles

I went to the launderette this morning, to find three machines out of order. While I was there, one woman came in, saw that there was no chance she'd get a machine in the foreseeable future, and went away again. When I came back to sort the stuff in the dryer out, the lady from the British Legion was there, and she left without being able to do the washing she'd brought with her.

The other grumble is entirely my own fault. I saw one thing in the Festival programme that I really, really wanted to see - and when I got to the box office, they were already sold out. Neil Gaiman is coming to Hay this year for the preview showing of the film Stardust. Still, there's lots more going on.....

Not a grumble, but I was a bit worried - with all the heavy rain we've been having, I went to check on the swan's nest on Booth Island. Fortunately, it's still high and dry - and the swan (is the female a cob or a pen? I can never remember) wasn't sitting on the eggs, so I had a nice clear view of three of them!

No comments: