Sunday 13 May 2007

May Fair and Freecycle

The first caravans and rides have arrived on the car park, ready to be put together in the next few days.
These days, the May Fair is confined to the car park.
In days gone by, it spread through the whole town. There were horse rides along Oxford Road, and a boxing booth outside Kilverts, where a black professional boxer from Merthyr Tydfil took on all comers. Conveniently, Kilverts was then the doctor's house and surgery.

Meanwhile, I've traded my first thing on Hereford Freecycle. My extra settee is on its way to a granny flat outside Hereford, and I have a lot more room in my living room! It's a great idea for getting rid of the sort of thing you couldn't take to a charity shop - and for getting all sorts of odd things, and all for free. And it's helping to save the planet, because the stuff that's being traded isn't going into landfill.

No comments: