Sunday 1 May 2016

Scarlet Curtains

Lydia, the lady who gave the presentation to the Council about the Bronllys Well-Being Park, came to visit me the other day. She's been having a clear out, and had some knitting patterns and dress patterns that she wanted to go to a good home. She'd noticed that I belong to Stitch and Bitch, and I'll be taking the three binders down on Thursday to share out. It's from 6pm to 8pm on the first Thursday of every month, at the Three Tuns.
She also had a pair of bright scarlet curtains. "I thought these might be good for a superhero," she said, also knowing of my fondness for dressing up.
The sewing machine has come out from the back of the cupboard.
So far, I have made a sash for the Young Man, for his Steampunk adventurer's costume, and I'm half way through making a scarlet skirt (possibly for a version of Wonder Woman, or even Captain Marvel?). There is enough fabric left for another skirt, made with the other side of the fabric facing out, which is a darker red, so that's the next project.

No comments: