Thursday 8 April 2010

Getting Broadband

Well, I had hoped to be typing this on my new, whizzy computer, all connected up to Broadband - but the best laid plans....
An incredibly generous friend has given me a surplus computer, which is so far in advance of the old one I am still, at the moment, using that I may as well be sending up smoke signals with an old blanket. So I decided that now was the time to take the plunge and join the 21st Century, by having Broadband.
The Hub arrived on schedule (very impressive - after all, Torchwood HQ underneath that square in Cardiff is called the Hub). I plugged it in and waited for the lights to turn blue - and nothing happened.
It seems I did everything right, but there's a problem at the exchange. I'm not really surprised - the gas mains people have moved on from High Town and Castle Street, and the Gipsy Castle end, and have the road up right outside the exchange, with traffic lights letting one way traffic through.
So it's back to the old equipment for a few more days (but I am thinking of getting a pose-able John Barrowman doll to go with my Hub - that's my excuse, anyway).

No comments: