Thursday 1 April 2010

Finding Elizabeth

This is the way things often work in Hay....
I took Islay across the road to Broad Street Books during my lunch break, so that she could have her daily biscuit(s). Dale was in there. "Have you any idea where Elizabeth is today?" he asked. "I've been trying to get hold of her."
Glenys, one of the other assistants at Broad Street, was going to a funeral in a couple of days time, so couldn't be in work, and Dale had thought the day was covered, but then found himself double booked with the antique shop where he also works. Hence the need to find the other regular assistant urgently, to see if something could be re-arranged.
I had no idea where Elizabeth might be, but on my way back to work, I passed the Red Cross Shop.
"Ooo-eee! Is your little dog gone?"
I looked inside the shop, from where the shout had come, and found Mrs Jones and Elizabeth at the counter. I reassured them that Islay was fine - it was just that I was on my way back to work - and got Elizabeth to phone Dale. So everything was arranged with time to spare.

No comments: