Monday 25 May 2015

Festival Monday

I've been wandering round the town, soaking up the ambience, listening to the musicians - a very good Spanish guitar player outside Spar, for instance, and a jazz band in Fair on the Square.
In the Buttermarket the CD and record sale is on today.
Both my neighbours are outside with clothes rails and tables, having fun and making some money, even though it's a lot cooler than Saturday was.
And today I've discovered The Secret Garden Tea Room, serving Painscastle Preserves round the back of Paraphernalia on Market Street, next to the Antique Centre.
Soon I go back to the Cinema for the late shift, until 9pm - and then I'll decide whether I've still got enough energy to go round to St Mary's for the Nocturne, which tonight is a folk evening. One of the performers is Justin, who goes to the Wednesday Acoustic nights at the Baskerville.

No comments: